- Wilderness years: Why Gold Coast environmentalists are hopeful despite mounting oddsby Dominic Cansdale on March 4, 2021 at 9:27 pm
Jessica Lovegrove-Walsh and her fellow nature lovers face urban sprawl, rising sea levels and public apathy as they fight for the region's green spaces. They say it's a battle they have to win.
- How do you renovate on a subantarctic island?by Fiona Blackwood on March 4, 2021 at 8:54 pm
It's some 1,550 kilometres away from the closest hardware store, but work is underway to lay the foundations of a renovation project on the remote and rugged Macquarie Island that will take seven years to complete.
- Building reforms unveiled after 'totally unacceptable' standards put apartment owners at riskby Jano Gibson on March 4, 2021 at 8:58 am
Increased fines, registration for commercial builders and structural design reviews will prevent a repeat of previous development debacles, the NT Planning Minister says.
- The Gold Coast needs 6,500 new homes a year, but where can they be built?by Dominic Cansdale on March 4, 2021 at 5:52 am
The famous coastal city is fast running out of greenfield land to house its growing population, but the community is opposed to higher-density developments in the city.
- CFMEU protests outside Leighton Holdings' Perth office claiming construction workers at the Perth Airport are being underpaidon March 4, 2021 at 5:23 am
CFMEU protests outside Leighton Holdings' Perth office claiming construction workers at the Perth Airport are being underpaid
- House prices hit all-time high in regional SAby Todd Lewis on March 3, 2021 at 8:00 pm
The lowering of interest rates and the release of government assistance packages are just two factors driving a highly competitive housing market.
- Concerns Burpengary housing and marina development will harm endangered wildlifeby Dea Clark on March 3, 2021 at 7:50 pm
Conservationists warn a $2.7 billion residential and marina development on the banks of Caboolture River, north of Brisbane, is a threat to Moreton Bay's fragile ecosystem, as the Queensland government considers whether to give Priority Development Area status to the 570-hectare site at Burpengary.
- This young couple just made $52,000 in 17 months thanks to Perth's surging property marketby Evelyn Manfield on March 1, 2021 at 10:32 pm
Jessica Hawes and her fiance Callan Bennett just made a sizable profit selling their Parmelia property — and they are not alone, as prices in areas like Kwinana, Mandurah and Victoria Park surge.
- 'I thought I'd be able to snag a bargain', but things haven't worked out that way for home buyers during COVIDby Emilia Terzon on March 1, 2021 at 8:57 pm
First home buyers are helping prop up the property market during a pandemic — but a feedback loop is emerging where rising prices are simultaneously making it harder than ever for some to buy.
- Damien McCartneyon March 1, 2021 at 8:57 pm