- 'We need time to get all these jobs done': Tradies appeal for HomeBuilder extension amid scramble to start workon November 25, 2020 at 4:47 am
With the December 31 deadline approaching, tradies are calling on the Federal Government to extend the HomeBuilder grant.
- Grocon boss says company is battling for its life, blames NSW Government for insolvencyby Rachel Clayton And Emilia Terzon on November 20, 2020 at 5:51 am
The head of one of Australia's building giants says the only reason the company is about to enter administration is due to the lengthy legal stoush with the NSW Government over a central Sydney project.
- Iconic builder Grocon declares insolvency and is set to go into administrationby Daniel Ziffer on November 19, 2020 at 7:18 am
Melbourne's casino, Eureka Tower and the Rialto Towers are among the iconic developments Grocon has delivered in recent decades.
- Twin towns 'bloody thrilled' at construction of bridge at Echuca Moamaby Erin Delahunty on November 18, 2020 at 2:22 am
The building of a second bridge over the Murray River at Echuca Moama reached a key milestone this month, 55 years since the idea was first floated at local council.
- Tiny homes part of big plans to revolutionise housing for at-risk youthby Donal Sheil on November 18, 2020 at 2:04 am
An award-winning youth service's grand design for social housing gives vulnerable young people a chance to build safe, affordable homes and live in them.
- ACT police threatened with fines over state of traffic officesby Michael Inman on November 17, 2020 at 9:12 pm
The Australian Federal Police is issued an improvement notice to fix building defects the work safety watchdog says endanger traffic officer's health and safety.
- Racing Minister cancels honorary membership of Darwin Turf Clubby Jano Gibson on November 16, 2020 at 9:09 pm
The Northern Territory Racing Minister Natasha Fyles relinquishes her honorary membership of the Darwin Turf Club, but says her decision is administrative and not linked to previous revelations about the Government's controversial support of the club.
- 'Genuinely unprecedented' $5.3b spend to build 12,000 public homes in Victoriaon November 14, 2020 at 9:44 pm
Social welfare advocates say the Victorian Government's $5.3 billion plan to build more than 12,000 public housing units will fill a "desperate need" and change the lives of thousands of people in the state.
- Beef, boom and bust: Rockhampton rides a wave of development despite COVIDby Jemima Burt on November 6, 2020 at 9:08 pm
Rockhampton has just recorded its lowest rental availability rate of all time, surpassing the mining boom and in the face of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Australia's house price bubble could burst due to an oversupply of housing, experts warnby Nassim Khadem on November 5, 2020 at 6:51 pm
After years of warnings that the property bubble could burst, Australian house prices continue to withstand the dire impact of the COVID-19 pandemic. But that could soon change as properties flood the market and more people default on their loans, writes Nassim Khadem.